4.01.2010

Layovers or Leftovers

Made it to the The Whitney to see the 2010 Biennial before I headed to the airport and I have to say I knew it, I just knew it deep down in my bones that my flight would be delayed.  And I was right.   Missed my connecting flight in Minneapolis and arrived too late to even take the slightest bit of advantage of being stuck in my old home town.  And it was nearing midnight and the  flight's peanuts and  cookies didn't cut it and I was starving.  I had eaten lunch in a typical old NY Grill and was tempted by the penne special on the menu. I hadn't had any of the Italian food I had anticipated eating on my visit so it was my last chance.  When it arrived it wasn't at all what I had expected - it was the old fashioned  NY Italian penne - smothered in marinara and covered with a giant pooled glob of melted mozzarella that stretched into long thin strings  connecting my fork to my plate no matter how high I lifted the fork or how many times I twirled it to gather the chains of cheese.

But I gave it my best, though didn't manage to join the clean plate club.   I'll tell ya, though, I sure wished I had it to heat up last night as that gooey cheese would've been the perfect midnight snack of comfort food at the Comfort Inn.

No comments:

Post a Comment